The person wearing the FreeStyle Libre sensor uses the FreeStyle LibreLink app on their mobile phone to send a sharing invitation email to their family member or friend.
The family member or friend receives the invitation email and follows the instructions to install the LibreLinkUp app on their mobile phone.
After the sharing invitation is accepted, the family member or friend will receive notifications through LibreLinkUp every time the person using FreeStyle LibreLink scans their sensor.
Below are instructions for each app:
FreeStyle LibreLink app instructions - for the person wearing a FreeStyle Libre sensor that wants to share their glucose readings.
To invite someone to see your glucose readings, open your FreeStyle LibreLink app, then:
- Open the Navigation Menu. From any screen, tap the “three lines” icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap Share.
- Tap LibreLinkUp.
- Tap Create Connection.
- Enter Connection information. Enter name and e-mail address of the person you want to share your glucose readings with.
- Tap Invite.
You can share your glucose readings from FreeStyle LibreLink with up to 20 family members and friends.
LibreLinkUp app instructions - for the family member or friend who wants to view glucose readings.
After you receive a connection invitation email from a FreeStyle LibreLink user, click on the link in the email to download the LibreLinkUp app from the app store (if you don’t already have the app installed).
After installing LibreLinkUp app, follow the prompts to create an account and connect:
- Tap Get Started on the Welcome screen.
- Review and accept the End User License Agreement and Privacy Notice.
- Create an account. Enter your country of residence, name, email address and preferred password.
- Go to your email inbox to verify your account and complete setup.
- After you have set up your account, you will see a notification telling you that a FreeStyle LibreLink user would like to share their glucose readings with you. Press Accept.
You will now receive a notification each time the FreeStyle LibreLink user scans their FreeStyle Libre sensor with their FreeStyle LibreLink app. You will not receive information about unsuccessful scans or scan errors. You do not need to have the LibreLinkUp app running to receive notifications from your connections.
You can connect with up to 20 FreeStyle LibreLink users to see their glucose readings.
If you successfully installed LibreLinkUp and set up your account, but do not see a notification from the FreeStyle LibreLink user make sure your phone has an active Internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular) and your phone settings allow you to receive notifications.
If you still do not see an invitation and you know that the invitation was sent, ask the FreeStyle LibreLink user who invited you to send a new invitation to the email address you used when you installed LibreLinkUp.